Tuesday 9 May 2017

Jake Johnston - "All I Can Do is Love You" Released

Tonight on Jake's Showcase https://youtube.com/JakesShowcase I have just released "Jake Johnston - "All I Can Do is Love You" https://youtu.be/Ug2raMocdw8 currently at 31 Views 6 Likes 10 Dislikes. It was the 6th of 6 takes with lamp, spotlight and natural lighting.
You see at some point like it or not my music is going to get recognized. Do you know I don't even have a microphone....all musicians have microphones....but I do not. Do you know I don't have an electric guitar...or drummer, bassist, lead guitar, rhythm guitar and possibly one or two other accompanying instruments. But I will.
I know that on Jake's Showcase I've hung my hat on diversity, variety, spontaneity, as my different style and format to my channel as being the difference which sets me apart in a unique niche....and counter to that there's been a string of music. Get over it, there's tones of videos on my channel of diversity for people to watch. Just go back 2-3 years hundreds of videos, lots to dive into here its music.
I understand the challenge of the true artist very well now, particularly the musicians. You see unlike other art forms you combine poetry, with instrument playing skill or mixing skill and then singing. You have a very raw take on multiple elements that you put out that give points to critique.
With comedy you can say "that's not funny" with acting "bad acting" with visual art "I don't like the picture". But with music you have multiple aspects you put yourself out there with.
I would say in addition in these raw early stages of my music it is additionally hard because of the previously mentioned lack of equipment and choices on how to produce.
If you look at all my videos the on the couch playing is done because this is the best vantage point for me to hold the lyrics on the table (no music stand either) face the camera and play to get best possible sound and lighting given these constraints. 
But fear not, many many musicians can and do find ultimate success starting in basements, on couches with dim lighting and poor recording. Eventually when people study them they want to know how they started and they are taken aback and how they did it. Even you look at you reading with the obsessive eyes and yet I've done so little.
Yes my friends, this is an evolution in process.
Beauty darling, may your twinkle in your eyes be bright with your love for me tonight.
Love me,
Have a Wonderful Day or Night Fans, 
Jake Johnston jakesshowcase@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.